Low-FODMAP 30-Minute Pad Thai Perfection Recipe; Gluten-free, Vegetarian
August 14, 2017Printer Friendly Version
This is the rich, creamy decadent low-FODMAP Pad Thai recipe that you and I have been waiting for!
While eating out low-FODMAP is much simpler than it used to be, Thai and other Asian restaurants aren’t the easiest choices. Many sauces are so complex and elaborate, that it may be tricky to navigate these venues safely.
But take heart! This low-FODMP Vegetarian Pad Thai Recipe is rich and peanutty, and better than any restaurant Pad Thai I have ever had. I guarantee you will love this low-FODMAP Pad Thai. It is also so easy.
Be healthy and happy,
Rachel Pauls, MD
Peanutty Low-FODMAP 30-Minute Pad Thai Perfection; Gluten-free, Vegan
While this recipe has not been lab tested a single serving should be low-FODMAP based on the ingredients (using FODMAP Data at time of posting)
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time 15 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
- 1/3 cup water (or low-FODMAP vegetable stock)
- Try my low-FODMAP Happy Soup for an easy option!
- 2 TB soy sauce (optional use gluten free)
- 3 TB brown sugar
- 3 TB natural peanut butter (salted or unsalted)
- 1 TB fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 TB rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp Tabasco Original sauce (more to taste) –contains: distilled vinegar, red pepper, salt
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger (or ½ tsp ground ginger)
For the Main:
- 4 ounces rice noodles, cooked and rinsed (can use brown or white rice noodles- I used brown so they are darker)
- ½ cup bean sprouts
- 1 tsp garlic infused oil
- 1 large egg, beaten (optional for vegans)
- 2 cups firm or extra-firm tofu (cut in cubes)
- firm tofu is low-FODMAP
- can substitute 2 cups chicken breast or shrimp if desired
- Chopped cilantro, crushed peanuts, bean sprouts and lime wedges
- Combine ingredients for sauce in medium bowl and mix well (I used a mini-processor to combine)
- Cook tofu in infused oil over medium heat
- If skillet large enough move to side (or remove temporarily) and add egg
- Scramble egg
- Add noodles to skillet with tofu/egg and pour sauce over the top
- Cook for 3-5 minutes until sauce thickens slightly
- Add bean sprouts and cook 1 minute, or less if you prefer your sprouts crunchy
- Plate with assorted garnish as desired
- Add additional Tabasco to taste
- This tastes absolutely low-FODMAP Pad Thai perfect!
Printer Friendly Version