Low-FODMAP No-Bake Peanut Butter Two Cereal Bars; Gluten-free, Vegan
October 20, 2019Printer Friendly Version
I am totally into simple, no bake recipes right now.
This low-FODMAP Peanut Butter Two Cereal Bar recipe is made in one-pot, with one-pan, no baking and takes only 15 minutes.
But it is absolutely delicious and incredibly addictive.
Chewy, rich, creamy, sweet and crunchy candy like bars with the awesome flavor and nutrition of peanuts. You are going to love this low-FODMAP Peanut Butter 2 Cereal Bar recipe as much as I do!
Feel free to vary these low-FODMAP 2 Cereal Bars by trying them with cornflakes and rice crisp cereals instead. Or, sprinkle a cup of semisweet chocolate chips over top for a little more decadence!
You may also love my:
- Low-FODMAP No-Bake Energy Bites
- Low-FODMAP 3 ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
- Low-FODMAP Microwave Buckeye Fudge
- Low-FODMAP Peanut Butter Crisp Balls
- Low-FODMAP Toffee Bark
Or check out over 300 more low-FODMAP recipes on the blog! Gluten-free and IBS-friendly.
Be healthy and happy,
Rachel Pauls, MD
Low-FODMAP No-Bake Peanut Butter Cereal Bars; Gluten-free, Vegan
Although this recipe has not been tested, a single serving should be low-FODMAP based on the ingredients
Prep/Cook time: 15 min
Equipment: 13 by 9 inch casserole dish
- 3/4 cup sugar (vegan certified if necessary)
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 16 ounces (1 jar) all-natural smooth peanut butter
- Note: Some natural peanut butters are more thick, with less oil than others. The oils actually help the butter get smooth and stirrable. If your jar of peanut butter is dry, then feel free to add 1 tbsp of peanut or canola oil when mixing to help the consistency
- 2 & ¼ cups Cheerios oat cereal
- 2 & ¼ cups Chex Corn cereal
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt if not added to your peanut butter
- Prepare a 13 by 9 inch casserole baking pan- grease lightly with baking spray or vegetable shortening
- In a large saucepan, place sugar, corn syrup, vanilla and peanut butter over medium-low heat
- Stir constantly until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture is beginning to bubble very slightly, but not boiling
- Remove from the heat and quickly stir in two cereals. Make sure your pan is not too hot on the bottom or the peanut butter may start to thicken and seize up. If it gets too hot to stir, then flip it over into your prepared pan to stir and spread there
- Spread quickly into lightly greased prepared pan and smooth top with spatula
- Cut into bars while warm, then let cool to serve
Printer Friendly Version