Low-FODMAP ‘Everything Good’ Summertime Salad (Grilled Chicken, Cheese, Orzo, Bacon and Avocado); Gluten-free
June 16, 2022Printer Friendly Version
This salad is a summertime masterpiece. It has EVERYTHING you love.
Grilled chicken, corn, cheese, tomatoes, cucumber, bacon, and avocado…
Not to mention orzo pasta.
Topped with candied walnuts.
SERIOUSLY. It is a flavor filled work of art.
I love this salad so much, I could eat it everyday 🙂
My low-FODMAP ‘Everything Good’ Salad is amazing for lunch, supper or literally ANYTIME. I use my low-FODMAP Maple Dijon Vinaigrette to provide moisture and flavor to this chicken marinade, but you can also try my low-FODMAP Copycat Trader Joe’s Almond Butter Turmeric Dressing or my low-FODMAP Ranch for a totally different flavor.
I also couldn’t resist topping this salad with low-FODMAP “Toffee” Walnuts…SO GOOD. Nuts are my favorite.
You may also love:
- Low-FODMAP Grilled Romaine with Bacon, Goat Cheese and Candied Pecans
- Low-FODMAP One Skillet Bacon, Maple and Mustard Chicken
- Low-FODMAP Caesar Salad with Caesar Dressing and Croutons
- Low-FODMAP Southwest Salad with Southwest Dressing
- Low-FODMAP Light and Satisfying Chicken Salad
- Low-FODMAP Cobb Salad with low-FODMAP Copycat Panera Green Goddess Dressing
Or check out over 450 more low-FODMAP recipes on the blog. IBS-friendly!
Be healthy and happy,
Rachel Pauls, MD
Although this recipe has not been tested, a single serving should be low-FODMAP based on the ingredients
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 40 mins
Equipment: Outdoor or indoor grill, pot for making pasta
- Low-FODMAP Maple Dijon Vinaigrette dressing, prepared; divided
- 14 ounces boneless, skinless, chicken tenders
- 8 ounces dry orzo pasta, low-FODMAP and GF
- I like Dellalo brand (this is the only one I am familiar for orzo)
- This should be about 3.5 cups once cooked
- One cup is one low-FODMAP serving for gluten-free pasta, higher amounts could contain oligofructans depending on your pasta selection
- 3/4 cup (75 g) finely grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup (30g) feta cheese, crumbled
- 12 ounces shredded red leaf or iceberg lettuce
- 1-2 medium ripe tomatoes (130g), diced
- 65g is one low-FODMAP serving due to fructose
- 5 slices (5 ounces) well-cooked bacon or turkey bacon, crumbled
- 3/4 cup (75g) of canned corn, rinsed and drained
- 75g is one low-FODMAP serving due to fructans
- 2/3 cup (120g) avocado, chopped or sliced
- 30g is one low-FODMAP serving due to sorbitol
- 1 medium cucumber, chopped
- No FODMAPs are detected in cucumber
- 1/4 cup (40g) low-FODMAP “toffee” walnuts (recipe modified for walnuts instead of pecans) or toasted peanuts, pecans, pumpkin seeds or pine nuts
- 30g is one low-FODMAP serving for walnuts
- Mix the low-FODMAP Maple Dijon Vinaigrette if not done already (if possible, make this a day ahead to help the flavors combine)
- In a resealable bag or bowl, toss the chicken pieces with 1/3 of the dressing (about 1/4 cup)
- Marinate 10-15 minutes or up to overnight in the fridge
- Preheat your grill to medium high, while chicken is marinating
- Grill the chicken tenders until lightly charred and cooked through, turning halfway through cooking, about 10 minutes
- While chicken is grilling, prepare orzo in a saucepan according to package instructions and cook until al-dente (still slightly firm, 10-11 minutes). Drain pasta.
- In a medium bowl, or the saucepan toss together cooked orzo, cheddar cheese, and another 1/3 of the dressing
- In a large bowl place lettuce, then the orzo pasta mixture
- To the bowl, add the grilled chicken, tomatoes, canned corn, cucumber and bacon. Toss together if desired
- Top the salad with avocado, feta cheese and toffee walnuts
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm with the remaining dressing
Printer Friendly Version