Energizing Low-FODMAP Pineapple Orange Smoothie; Gluten-free, Vegan, Dairy-free
July 7, 2023Printer Friendly Version
Bright as the sun and full of energizing ingredients, this pineapple orange smoothie is a great start to your day.
I love the tangy sweetness of pineapple, a fruit that is naturally low in calories, high in fiber, and packed with Vitamin C, minerals, and antioxidants. Adding the orange juice and zest provides another layer of flavor that reminds me of an Orange Julius from the mall where I grew up. So good.
FODMAP fact: Fresh pineapple is low FODMAP in servings of 140g. Do not substitute canned pineapple as it will alter the FODMAP content of this smoothie.
- To make a sugar-free version of this recipe, substitute stevia or sucralose for the sugar.
- When zesting fruit, ensure you use only the bright colored exterior, and not the white pith, as the pith will taste bitter. Zest is very potent; a little goes a long way in adding flavor to your smoothie!
You may also love my:
- Low-FODMAP Green Machine Smoothie
- Low-FODMAP Peanut Butter and Jelly Smoothie
- Low-FODMAP Dr. Rachel’s Favorite Smoothies- 3 Ways
- Low-FODMAP Chai Overnight Oats
- Low-FODMAP Almond Joy Overnight Oats
- Low-FODMAP Protein Power Berry Smoothie Bowl
Or check out over 500 more low-FODMAP recipes on the blog! IBS-friendly.
Be healthy and happy,
Rachel Pauls, MD
Although this recipe has not been lab tested, a single serving should be low-FODMAP based on the ingredients (using available FODMAP data at time of posting)
Prep time: 15 min
- Zest of one (130g) navel orange
- Juice of one (130g) navel orange (about 1/4 cup)
- 2/3 cup (140g) fresh, frozen pineapple chunks
- 1/3 cup (80 g) ice cubes
- 1/2 cup (60 g) low-FODMAP plain yogurt, such as lactose-free or coconut for vegan version
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-4 tablespoons low-FODMAP milk, such as lactose-free or almond for vegan version
- 1 to 2 tablespoons (12 to 24 g) sugar, optional
- Zest, then juice your orange
- Place the first six ingredients (everything except the sugar and milk), in a blender and blend well on high
- Add sugar and milk to taste and consistency
- Serve immediately
Printer Friendly Version