Delightful Low-FODMAP Cornbread / Corn Muffins; Gluten-free, Dairy-free
June 30, 2018Printer Friendly Version
This low-FODMAP Cornbread recipe makes me happy. These low-FODMAP Cornbread/ Corn Muffins bake up perfectly every time and go great with low-FODMAP Chili, low-FODMAP Maple Turkey, or low-FODMAP Roasted Maple Chicken with Rosemary.
Everyone will love this low-FODMAP Cornbread Recipe at Thanksgiving, I guarantee it!
Be healthy and happy,
Rachel Pauls, MD
Delightful Low-FODMAP Cornbread/Corn Muffins; Gluten-free, Dairy-free
Although this recipe has not been tested, a single serving should be low-FODMAP based on the ingredients
Serves: 9 muffins or one 8 inch round bread (in 8 inch round cake pan)
Adapted from: “Gluten-free Baking Classics, Second edition”, Annalise G Roberts.
Prep time: 15 min
Bake time: 15-20 min for muffins, 25 min for round bread (*Note since oven times vary, begin checking for doneness about 3-5 minutes before end of bake time)
Bake 400 F
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup gluten-free, low-FODMAP Flour (I use Authentic Foods GF Classical Blend- see my bake off blog for the reason!)
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum (if not already in your flour choice)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Note: these low-FODMAP Cornbread Muffins are not too sweet. If you prefer a sweeter version then adjust sugar to taste
- 3 & 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup low-FODMAP milk (almond milk for dairy-free version or lactose-free milk)
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Vegetable shortening, for greasing
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- Grease and lightly flour your choice of baking pan (muffin or round)
- Measure out low-FODMAP milk and remove 1 tablespoon from the glass. Discard this excess milk.
- Place all dry ingredients in medium mixing bowl and combine
- In a second medium bowl, whisk egg well
- Add milk, oil and vanilla to egg mixture
- Slowly add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir to combine, but do not overmix
- Pour batter into selected pan and place in middle rack of oven
- Note this recipe yields 9 muffins. For 12 muffins either double recipe, or adjust baking time as needed, since they will be smaller.
- Bake for 15-25 minutes depending on pan selected (see note above, watch carefully as gluten-free can over-bake fast)
- Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes, then remove muffins from pan to finish cooling
- May be refrigerated or frozen if desired
- Delightful low-FODMAP Corn Muffins 🙂
Printer Friendly Version