The Best Low-FODMAP Taco Recipe; Gluten-free
July 5, 2018Printer Friendly Version
It’s low-FODMAP Taco Night every night, not just Tuesdays! You will love this low-FODMAP Ground Beef Taco Recipe. It’s ready in a snap, and tastes so good. Your whole family is going to ask for this low-FODMAP Taco meal again and again.
This low-FODMAP Taco Recipe goes perfectly with my low-FODMAP Salsa.
You may also love:
- low-FODMAP Flank Steak Tacos
- low-FODMAP Chili
- low-FODMAP Nachos
- low-FODMAP Chili Lime Tilapia
- low-FODMAP Southwest Salad Recipe
- low-FODMAP Cheeseburger Pie
Try this with my low-FODMAP Happy Spices Taco Seasoning to make it even easier.
Don’t forget to check out over 400 more low-FODMAP recipes on the blog!
Be healthy and happy,
Rachel Pauls, MD
P.S. Did you know that I have a cookbook?! It’s the BEST!
The Best Low-FODMAP Classic Ground Beef Taco Recipe; Gluten-free
Although this recipe has not been lab tested, a single serving should be low-FODMAP based on the ingredients (using available FODMAP data at time of posting)
Serves 8 (recipe can be reduced by half easily)
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 22 minutes
Total time: 27 minutes
- for tips on where to find these useful oils, see my low-FODMAP recipe swap blog
- I use extra-lean beef
- 3/4 cup water
- can also use low-FODMAP soft shells if preferred (corn only)
- Avoid pre-blended ‘Mexican’ style cheeses as these often contain onion powder (shocking, I know!)
- 1 cup chopped canned black olives
- Low-FODMAP Salsa recipe, optional
- Chopped cilantro and limes for garnish
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, add the infused olive oil, warm the oil
- Place the ground beef in skillet and cook the meat until it’s browned, then drain the fat (about 7 minutes)
- Add the low-FODMAP Happy Spices Taco Seasoning and stir to combine
- Add 3/4 cup hot water and stir
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate until use (tastes great a day later)
- While beef is cooking, warm taco shells in microwave oven or standard oven as per package instructions
- My package recommends baking at 325 F for 6-7 minutes or microwaving for 45 seconds
- Layer meat in the bottom of the shell and top with lettuce, cheese, diced tomatoes, olives
- Top or dip into low-FODMAP salsa!
Printer Friendly Version